8.11.2011

Mmm. Heaven.


Back when we were all stressed and engaged and creating our wedding registries, David mentioned that he didn't care about flatware or stand mixers or tablecloths. Above all else, he wished for a raclette grill. David served his mission in France, where he became enamored with melted cheese poured on top of other tasty foods. It sounded sensible--and wonderful--to me. So I did what any sensible person would do: I gave David a raclette grill in honor of our marriage.

Sometimes I make good decisions.

We had a test run raclette party with just the two of us a while ago, but we've been itching to share the love with the DC-area Knells. On Sunday, we accomplished our mission. And it was divine.

Here's to you, melty cheese. Thank you for joining homemade bread in its effort to negate all possible benefits of avoiding sugar this summer.


(Obviously this is a photo stolen from the internet. I would never sully the magic of raclette with pickles. As if!)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

This post made me wish I didn't live all the way across the country from you. And reminded me I still need to send your wedding gift. Maybe after Italy? Love you to the moon and back. I really do.

Kris said...

I have long maintained that, covered in cheese, I will basically eat anything. This sounds like a delicious idea.

Ruthie said...

Yum, I just ate breakfast but now I am hungry again! Looks devine, delectable and delicious!

abassett said...

Effusion of wit: That sounds amazing, and the pickles would ruin it. Good call, Knells!