5.19.2011

Lessons from Establishing a Home, Part 176

If you hear any of the following statements from a customer service representative, chances are that you are not in a very delightful situation:

  • "Yeah, those packages were sent to Laurel. You don't live there?"
  • "I can't replace just that part, but I will sell you a whole new muffler."
  • "Your rates are affected by where you live, and unfortunately, rates are higher in that neighborhood."
  • "You got married? Congratulations. I'll need four forms of proof to change anything on your account. Yes, fax is the only way. You don't have a fax machine?"
  • "We have a tiny problem. Ok, not a problem. A hiccup."
  • "Who did you talk to earlier--the girl with dreadlocks or the guy with dreadlocks?"
  • "Your wallet isn't here."
  • "The water in front of your washing machine couldn't have come from the machine. Your husband probably spilled something and was too embarrassed to tell you." [False.]
  • "Take a number. The wait time is at least 2 hours."
  • "You don't have a middle name? Why not?"
  • "Yeah, I hate it when our drivers do that, too."
  • "If you're insured through someone else, your personal belongings are in serious jeopardy."
  • "I see that you contacted us several months ago, but your situation still hasn't been adjudicated."
  • "We have no way of tracking that."
  • "Did you ask your neighbors if they took it? That's probably what happened."
  • "You didn't need to wait in line for an hour. The central office didn't actually do what they told you they did."
  • "Your front door is at least 1-2 inches too short."

Joy.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Ha! The washing machine water is my favorite one.

Stacy G. said...

The post-honeymoon stage is always lame. For example, for us it was when my husband lost his job 6 months into our marriage. That was fun! (Not)
I hope things go smoother for you in the future.

Ruthie said...

The door is 1-2 inches too short? Really? How odd :) This post really made me laugh. Oh the joys of domesticity! Oh, and, why don't you have a middle name? :) If you did it would be Amazing.