I suppose we should talk about more of our married life than just the long string of altercations I get to have on a near daily basis with UPS/Target/Any Institution That Knew My Former Last Name. So, what have we been up to since we returned from our tropical vacation? A few highlights:
- Increasing our testimonies of IKEA.
- Piecing together the apartment.
- Slowly introducing David to Doctor Who. This is a delicate process, demanding lots of popcorn and ice cream.
- Cooking. Oh my COOKING! I finally have space, fun tools, someone to cook for, and time! Bliss. I have much to learn, but so far I haven't given us food poisoning. I consider that a wild success.
- Exploring the new neighborhood. Chinese take out place = good. Dive Italian place = not so good.
- Adventuring with the VA Wittwers at the National Cathedral Flower Mart. My particular favorite moment was when the two nephews insisted on riding the carousel with Uncle David. D did a great job of balancing the needs of the two whippersnappers. Ben was prancing with joy at the prospect of riding his horse, and Liam was enthused as well. But by the time they boarded the ride, Liam was a little less than enthusiastic. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.
- Getting acquainted with our new ward.
- Reuniting with some MHS folk.
- Celebrating Mothers' Day with Scott and Kari.
- Getting blown away by Alfie Boe. Also, figuring out what a Jonas Brother is.
- Laughing really hard at Preston's adventures. Home slice is the biggest Harry Potter nerd I've ever known--and I have a master's degree in what is essentially All Things Nerd, so that's saying something. The photos of him visiting the coffee shop where good ol' J.K. wrote the first book were basically priceless.
- Trying--largely in vain--to keep up my correspondence and phone calls. Turns out that marriage makes me worse at this than ever . . . and I was pretty bad before.
- Wondering why there aren't more hours in the day.
1 comment:
None of my comments to your blog will be particularly witty, in fact I won't even attempt to be clever :) I just aim to let you know that I read all your posts and envy those who get to spend time with you. I'd even be the checker at IKEA congratulating you on a good job picking out fantastic Swedish furniture.
And I'm loving Preston's Blog Sir. Whats up with him always being the only guy in a gaggle of girls?
Post a Comment