Well, reader, I find myself approaching the blog in a somewhat subdued--and downright mournful--frame of mind. You see, David and I just returned from a blissful vacation to Disney World. We are currently plunged in the mania of trying to get caught up with our responsibilities, and fulfilling responsibilities just isn't as enjoyable as riding Space Mountain several times in one day. (Yes, I will gush about the trip later. Yes, we are spoiled. And yes, my malaise is definitely a first world problem. But . . . come on! DISNEY WORLD.)
However, I do wish to mention two rays of sunshine:
Ray the First
This week was the 200th anniversary of Charles Dickens' birth. Rejoice, therefore! I most certainly rejoiced when I read this NYTMag article on--wait for it--DICKENS WORLD. A theme park dedicated entirely to Charles Dickens. How did I a.) not know of this before and b.) not do everything in my power to visit during my former wanderings through the United Kingdom? For shame, Wendy. For shame. I deserve a spell in the Marshalsea for my ignorance.*
Ray the Second
As part of my job, I'm regularly required to teach. This is not my favorite part of my job. But guess what? A participant gave me this ringing endorsement: "I didn’t nod off ONCE." I'm thinking I should put this review at the top of my professional resume. Or make it my personal motto.
*If you were wondering whether marriage has eliminated my literary nerdlinger tendencies, then rest assured--I've still got it goin' on.
**I should probably not include this statement on my resume, as it is most certainly a lie. See: above.
Carry on.
p.s. DISNEY WORLD.
However, I do wish to mention two rays of sunshine:
Ray the First
This week was the 200th anniversary of Charles Dickens' birth. Rejoice, therefore! I most certainly rejoiced when I read this NYTMag article on--wait for it--DICKENS WORLD. A theme park dedicated entirely to Charles Dickens. How did I a.) not know of this before and b.) not do everything in my power to visit during my former wanderings through the United Kingdom? For shame, Wendy. For shame. I deserve a spell in the Marshalsea for my ignorance.*
![]() |
| The actual writing desk of C. Dickens. I managed to pay a visit to the Dickens Museum on my last adventure in London, but now I mourn for what could have been. |
Ray the Second
As part of my job, I'm regularly required to teach. This is not my favorite part of my job. But guess what? A participant gave me this ringing endorsement: "I didn’t nod off ONCE." I'm thinking I should put this review at the top of my professional resume. Or make it my personal motto.
Wendy: she probably won't put you to sleep.**
*If you were wondering whether marriage has eliminated my literary nerdlinger tendencies, then rest assured--I've still got it goin' on.
**I should probably not include this statement on my resume, as it is most certainly a lie. See: above.
Carry on.
p.s. DISNEY WORLD.

7 comments:
Disneyworld! Jealous! Any interest in visiting Disneyland Tokyo? They also have DisneySea! Quite fun!! :) You are the best Wendy! Love to you and David!
David has been longing to visit Tokyo DisneySea ever since I showed him some pictures of it a few months ago. That park looks INCREDIBLE, and I'm so glad you get to go play there! Now, if only we could scrounge together the money and vacation time to come visit! Miss you!
I love your passion, Wendy! How could anyone fall asleep when you write (or teach)?! Love you!
I am so glad you posted! I always find myself smiling while reading. Miss you WendyGirl!
What I want to know is what has marriage done to your viewing mini-series/films that I'm destined to fall in love with tendencies?
Way to cash in those credit card points. I'm so happy you got to use them with Prince Charming himself. :)
(NOT Darcy. But it's still a very cute notion)
Does DisneySea not resemble Sea World, then?
did you use the word malaise in this post? you are so cool. i just found out what that word means :) loveyoumissyou.
Lynnie - DisneySea is more like California Adventure. It's huge! Lots of fun
Post a Comment