We live many miles away from the majority of our family members, and a goodly portion of our friends. I love--love!--reading the blog offerings of my favorite people. But I can't very well grouse about the blogs of my loved ones being neglected for long periods of time and then let this little blog lie fallow, now can I? Yes--I definitely can. But I'll try not to so much. Deal? Deal.
So, where were we? Ah yes. Life, and the living thereof.
I could recount the minutiae of our existence of the last 3ish months since my words darkened this corner of the internet. Instead, let me sum up. I work. David works, but in a new job. We go to church. We try to see family and friends as much as we can. I am still mortally afraid of the telephone and large aquatic animals. David is still wonderful--though he manages to survive without a fear of sea beasts, which I find perplexing. We have adventures sometimes, but we also really like the library. ("Just take a look, it's in a book.")
We have managed to get away from our regular routine over the last few months, though. First up: the Grand Colonial Triangle Tour.
Our first stop was Jamestown. If you think there is any better music to accompany your approach to the Jamestown complex than the Pocahontas soundtrack, then you are a crazy person. Or you have discerning taste and perhaps weren't raised by a VCR. In any case, the Jamestown museum is basically one of the most bangarang museums at a historical site that mine eyes have ever beheld. The rest of the Triangle couldn't really match it.
We soldiered on to Colonial Williamsburg.
And eventually Yorktown, though we don't have any photographic documentation to prove it. Also not pictured: the amount of ice cream we consumed. 'Twas a jolly time.
There you have it, reader. We have officially resumed blogging. Let the peasants rejoice and all that.
So, where were we? Ah yes. Life, and the living thereof.
I could recount the minutiae of our existence of the last 3ish months since my words darkened this corner of the internet. Instead, let me sum up. I work. David works, but in a new job. We go to church. We try to see family and friends as much as we can. I am still mortally afraid of the telephone and large aquatic animals. David is still wonderful--though he manages to survive without a fear of sea beasts, which I find perplexing. We have adventures sometimes, but we also really like the library. ("Just take a look, it's in a book.")
We have managed to get away from our regular routine over the last few months, though. First up: the Grand Colonial Triangle Tour.
Our first stop was Jamestown. If you think there is any better music to accompany your approach to the Jamestown complex than the Pocahontas soundtrack, then you are a crazy person. Or you have discerning taste and perhaps weren't raised by a VCR. In any case, the Jamestown museum is basically one of the most bangarang museums at a historical site that mine eyes have ever beheld. The rest of the Triangle couldn't really match it.
| Replica Fort |
| David's new career path? |
| Colonial gang members. |
And eventually Yorktown, though we don't have any photographic documentation to prove it. Also not pictured: the amount of ice cream we consumed. 'Twas a jolly time.
There you have it, reader. We have officially resumed blogging. Let the peasants rejoice and all that.
8 comments:
Hallelujah!
Umm, I love that you used bangarang! I've missed reading about your lives. Please keep up the blog writing!!!
I am one HAPPY aunt tonight! Thanks for the update WITH pictures. Love you!!!
Glad to know that David is surviving even with his fear of sea beasts. Who knows what horrors you have avoided, Wendy dear, by staying clear of aquatic monsters!!! Your trip down American history lane looks lovely. I love Williamsburg! Take care and I hope we get to talk soon!!!!
:) blessed day. I'm missing you Wendywoman! Approaching holidays and traditions make me think of you. I love that. I love you.
P.s. I share your irrational fear of the beasts-why is this so? Remember how we grew up in landlocked Utah? Strange.
P.p.s. I laughed out loud when I read your Pocahontas music thoughts. Again-memories of & with you come flooding in. Xoxo
Ditto Laurie's comment!! You guys are the best! Love you
Oh, I am so happy. Thank you thank you for posting on your blog! I miss you so much! Maybe I'll even post on my blog in celebration :)
Bangarang....love it.
Post a Comment