7.03.2011

What do the simple folk do?

I'm sitting here trying to figure out whether leading the 11-year-old scouts requires taking the cub scout or boy scout online training (listen to me speaking in the present tense like I'm totally writing on a blog), and I overhear Wendy telling her dad on the phone that we have nothing interesting to blog about. So--bam!!--this is me writing my inaugural blog post on what we, David and Wendy now-married newlyweds Knell, do.

  • We rejoice that Wendy now has a bone fide middle name. Her maiden name, however, got switched to NMN.
  • We visit with family. We love having Wendy's siblings Will and Brooke (and sons) and my parents around. Tomorrow the three of us families, joined by my siblings Christopher and Kaile, are gathering at my parents to kick back, eat watermelon, and watch fireworks. We've been to Will and Brooke's pool twice (and our own pool no times), once accompanied by the grand ol' Preston. We love our families.
  • Several weeks ago, before a tremendous meal with Wendy's bosom friend, and my mission compatriot, Ruth, we took a tour of the Library of Congress. It was a spiritual experience. I think Wendy said she cried her first time there. When art reaches toward divinity in full-postured nobleness, I either feel like I'm flying or like my body in liquid form is seeping into the cracks between the floor tiles. We love having art and the gospel in common. We're so in love. Swoon.
  • We go to Cafe Rio. Because Wendy loves Cafe Rio. And I love Wendy. And Cafe Rio loves loyal Utahn consumers of their mild sauce.
  • We buy frames, kitchen and coffee tables, and chairs and glory in our real-home stage of life.
  • I drink Pero, and Wendy eats hummus. We make disparaging comments about said awesome and disgusting food items respectively.
  • We watch lots of Doctor Who. Wendy is secretly tickled that her eternal roommate is gaining a love for the Doctor, Bollywood music, art museums, DC in general, Wendy's friends, and tomatoes.


Thus it is. Wendy's awesome. I exist. We're in love.

We hope you have a good Independence Day, or early Nov 5th, or what you will.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

You two make the greatest team. I'm such a fan.

And I believe that it is impossible not to love anything that Wendy loves. I'm glad she's introducing you to some of her favorite things, David!

Wendy said...

Give it up, D. You love Cafe Rio too.

abassett said...

Effusions? Really guys? :) So happy that you guys are so happy. And remember, Cafe Rio is ALWAYS a good idea.

Alyssa said...

Well, having never met D, and if I had to go off of this post alone, I would say you two were MFEO. I'm glad you're so happy. Cafe Rio (and marriage) can have that effect, I guess :)

Wendy said...

ALYSSER! I miss you!

Alyssa said...

I miss you, too! How ARE you?

abassett said...

Just rereading this post, and David, I think you were stalling with the training thing! Don't worry, I'm rereading your blog instead of doing other productive things. We can be friends.

David said...

Well now I'm doing productive things instead of chillaxing. Feel the balance, Kronk.